Monday, December 29, 2008

Plans for 2009!

My plans (not resolutions, because I suck at resolutions) for next year 2009 are as follows*:

Plan one- learn how to cartwheel. This was a tentative resolution that only a couple coworkers knew about for 2008 and I didn't even try it, so for 2009 I VOW to at least try.

Plan two- volunteer somewhere that is not nerd club. Now, I don't know if I am going to count single day volunteering efforts (as I do these) or if I have to be a regular. I guess at the end of 2009 I will decided. ha ha

Plan three- finish my knitting projects in time for me to wear one before the snow melts and in time to give one as a present. This should be doable since I am ALMOST done with my fancy hat.

Plan four- REALLY win Bike-A-Thon 2009. It starts on March 2nd, so I will be riding that day (unless it is raining/snowing or is too cold)

Plan five- average 10,000 steps EVERY DAY! By saying "average", it allows me to have low step days, which is inevitable, but the average should be doable.

Plan six- walk the damn dog more. She is so much more pleasant to deal with when I exercise her.

Plan seven- paint the rooms in my house! I figure the bathroom and kitchen can be the same color and then the living room/entry way/office another color and my bedroom a third color. I think it will be a good summer project.

Plan eight- develop a real budget. The main disadvantage of buying a house is that my discretionary funds are GONE! Now I did realize this would happen before I bought, but it is still hard to deal with, I like being able to buy random crap and not feeling like I am stretching myself thin.

Plan nine- take a community ed class. I was thinking I would sign up for Pilates or beginning language class, because alas I am a nerd and like classes. But I have to make sure they don't conflict with Doggy School.

Plan ten- grow at least 3 vegetables in a garden of one kind or another.

And those are my plans. I would have said lose weight, but I say that EVERY year and every year I fail miserably, BUT if I complete plans 4, 5, 6 and 10 this should happen.

Also, I have made my plans an official list on my blog, so I will remember them all year, as I kind of forgot about my plans for this year until today.

*Plans maybe added during the year, BUT I cannot delete plans once added.

2 comments:

Us Lochers said...

I remembered about the cartwheel.... I will believe it when I see it!

Meadow said...

Hazel's going to take community ed ballet, you could join her and mark one off your list...