Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Baking

This Christmas season, I did some baking. I decided that I wanted to make treats for humans and doggies (kitty treats were complicated and I couldn't find wheat germ or catnip).

So here is Nova while I was baking...
Here are the 126 dog biscuits I made..
Here is Nova after I tested one on her...She really liked them and thought if she came REALLY close, she would get another one (and she did).
I also made three kinds of cookies for humans, the fancy kind in the back were a pain in the bum to make, so I only did a batch of those, but the sugar sprinkle chocolate kind were super easy and very delicious so I made like 4 batches of those. The sugar cookies were only a pain to roll out and frost, so I made two batches of those. When all was said and done, I think I made about 150-200 cookies, and I would have made more, but I ran out of brown sugar.

I also dipped pretzel rods in caramel and chocolate, but I didn't get any pictures.

AND my favorite things that happened this weekend were (in no particular order):
  1. I bought a Kitchen Aid stand mixer for $160, I am VERY happy about that deal, it was basically half price due to it being a breast cancer pink mixer. I guess no one wants a pink mixer so the store marked it down $100 and then I had a 20% off coupon. SCORE!! (not that I could afford to shell out $160 on a mixer after I shelled out $114 on my dog, but still)
  2. I went to Jeremy's 30th birthday party! I had a really good time catching up with Mary, Jeremy, Natalie, Marcie and Shawn. I totally don't see them enough (especially Mary and Marcie)
  3. I FINALLY got my cable out let in my "tv" room hooked up. YAHOO! I can sit on my couch again to watch tv. I had missed my couch! I instantly fell asleep while watching tv, oh how I have missed that.
  4. Sleeping in Sunday morning with my kitty, while the D*mn Dog was outside. I really do miss having KPP on my lap every time I sit down...
My least favorite thing over the weekend was:
  1. Nova having to go to the vet for kennel cough and then INSTANTLY getting worse the minute we get home. And spending so much freaking money on drugs for her, but if it makes her not have a snotty nose and disgusting cough, then it is worth it right?
Basically everything is good in the Oman household. and maybe I will post a Christmas brag letter later, or maybe I won't.

1 comment:

Candice said...

That is one spoiled dog.

:)