Friday, October 31, 2008

Happy Halloween!!

I have always been a fan of Halloween. I love it in fact. If it was a boy, I would totally marry him!

This year, in following my theme of "Types of Engineers" I am a "Domestic Engineer". And while I think this is a misuse of the term "engineer", I also think it is funny. So here I am in a skirt, an apron, hose!, heels!!, a SLIP!!!, pearls and a cardigan okay so I wear this a lot as it from my work). I also thought I needed a fancy purse and a plate of cookies. There was going to be a baby in my arms at all times too, but I forgot to grab my cabbage patch when I left this morning. I find my costume amusing, though rather uncomfortable (okay only the heels)
Kitty PotPie decided she wanted to be Puss-Next-To-Shoes in homage of "Puss-in-Boots"
When I explained to her that was LAME, she stormed off...
Nova on the other hand, had an EXCELLENT idea of being a conehead, like her favorite SNL skit.
However, her implementation was a little off...but she was convinced she had the right idea.
And tried to get me shake on it.
I didn't shake, because I think it is silly, so she stormed off... (no picture of the storming, sorry).

That is my Halloween tale for 2008. Basically I am a nerdy girl that is amused by her costumes, more than other people are (but hey, I am the one that has to wear it) and my animals have NO sense on what is a good costume (it is like they have never experienced Halloween before (oh wait, Nova hasn't...))

On another note, Nova has been to the Vet 3 times in the last week. The first time was to get spayed, the second time was for leakage, the third time was to get a staple in her tummy. Hence she has to wear a cone ALL the time now and cannot be left outside, because she has to keep clean. Today is the first day she has been allowed to stay in the house by herself, and let me tell you, I am NERVOUS!! But at least with the cone on, she is a lot more calm and cannot get into as much trouble. Right???

3 comments:

Christie said...

I love your costume it is really cute and would be an easy one for me to pull off as I look like that most of the time. I liked that KPP’s eyes matched the shoes. Ho did you really bake cookies?

Tamaran said...

Just so your other readers know, this post made me laugh till I cried. I don't know why it was so funny. Maybe I'm just tired. Jenni caught me laughing and crying in my cube...

Becky said...

Awesome costume!!