Thursday, October 16, 2008

How to say no.

As the internet world knows, Nova is in puppy school. It is great. Except for the fact that everyone gives my dog treats.

Last week, all the treats just gave her gas, this week she received the gift of diarrhea. After falling asleep about midnight, I was woken up by Nova whining in her crate. She has never woken me up before, so I figured something must be wrong, so we went outside. And it is a good thing it was a warm night and I had slippers, because we were out there for 5-10 minutes while she ran around relieving herself in different spots. Finally, when that was over we went back inside and went back to bed, where I had a nice warm kitty waiting to sleep by me. (dang, I love my cat!) This morning, I was hoping it would be out of her system, but after she had eaten, I was getting ready and she was checking things out (like she does every morning) and as I walked to put on shoes, I notices a little spot on my tile and then another and another, it was just water, but bum water (tried to think of a polite way to say it, but really is there a nice way to say "anal leakage"?). Needless to say, she got put outside earlier than normal.

So wise internet world, what is a good way to tell people not to feed my dog treats even though she is sitting very nicely in front of them looking cute?? AND how do I make the diarrhea stop??

No comments: