Wednesday, August 27, 2008

I AM A HOMEOWNER!!!*

After signing a ton of papers, I now "own" a home, *but really I am just a co-owner with the bank, but they don't have to do any maintenance and I have to pay them. Dang, they have the better deal!!

Surprisingly, it all went very smooth (thanks Mary! Mariah (loan person), and Alex (agent)), except transferring my cable internet. I swear I spent about 4 hours over a five-day period trying to get someone to transfer service, because the guys that rented my house had an active account (though they were behind on their bill...), so they couldn't transfer my service. According to the lady at the local Comcast office, "it's a liability" to which I said "WHATEVER! THE POWER/GAS/WATER COMPANIES HAVE NO PROBLEM DOING IT! AND THEY ARE ACTUALLY VITAL TO LIFE, YET THEY DON'T TELL ME IT IS A LIABILITY!!!" to which she replied "it's a liability” Now I fully understand that she is just a lackey, but it made me crazy that her only response was "it's a liability" And then even though I told her to move my service on Friday, she made it immediate, so when I got home I had no internet, which was fine, but it made it so I couldn't change my address online last night, like I wanted to. ARGH!

If there was actually a comparable alternative I would have cancelled and gone with them, but any other option would have been at least $20 more a month and I am way too cheap to protest a company at a cost to me of $20. Oh and when I told her what a pain it and that I was really disappointed in them she was like "oh well” And I wouldn't have been so stressed about getting service on Friday, but I was told 4 times that I would have to have a tech come out to hook up service and I would have to be home, so I wanted to get it done when I already had the day off - found out, I didn't need a tech (just my modem programed for the new address), but not until I was stressed about it and was on to 5th customer service person. Which I talked to her in person, because I was told I would have to prove that I was buying the house...what a bunch of CRAP!!

Man! I am glad I am not in customer service anymore, because dealing with people like me are a pain in the a$$, because we actually expect things to get done!!! But other than this SNAFU, buying a house has been a breeze!!! It just amazes me that Comcast would make it SO difficult for me to keep subscribing to their service! After all, internet at home is a luxury! Not a necessity!

T-32 hours until moving time!! EEEK!!!!

4 comments:

Becky said...

Sweet! You have a house. La la. I'm glad you got the Comcast stuff figured out. I am also glad I don't work in Customer Service anymore. Have fun moving!

Us Lochers said...

I hate Comcast.

Jolly Roger Crew said...

Welcome to the adult world of mortgages!!! Yippy!!! I got the tickets to, "celebrate your new house" concert. That is long for Weezer!!

Unknown said...

Yay! I have a beautiful cat named Kitty Pot Pie also (KPP). I would send you pics of her if you like; she is quite lovely.