Sunday, August 10, 2008

HOLY HOUSE, BATMAN!

Today about 1:00pm, I signed a bunch of paperwork and I am officially "under contract" on a house!! EEK! here is a picture of the front of it. I chose the little bungalow that was fully updated and just had boring colors on the inside, because colors are a lot cheaper to fix than updating the whole house : )

I wasn't sure if it would happen as it seemed like the world was against it, but I said BAH to the world and pushed forward! On Friday, right after I agreed that I could spend a little bit more money than my original offer, my car DIED! Okay, so I did manage to get to a shady parking lot around the corner without pushing, but just barely. Then instead of going swimming, Mom, Meadow, Geoff, Hazel and I waited 80+ minutes for the tow truck to arrive. It was not great fun, though we did eat some pizza and cookies. Luckily, the tow, the repair costs and the rental car are covered under warranty. So my car got towed to my dealer and they should have it fixed on Monday (needed a new fuel pump). Really the thing that stressed me out the most besides the basic fact was that I had the CAST event on Saturday, but luckily Enrique was willing to drive me up there and to my dealership afterwards to get a rental (thanks Enrique!)

So hopefully nothing else will go wrong and I will close on my house on the 26th of August and get to start moving in on the 28th!

Now I just have to break the news to KPP that we are moving, but I am sure she will be SUPER excited. Okay, so really I think I will be talking to my vet about getting some sedation meds for her, because she will not enjoy having all her hiding places being moved and people in her house and having to go in her carrier to a new place, but after a couple of days I am sure she will be fine.

2 comments:

macarace said...

Hurray!! I am glad that you got all of the paperwork done and are officially "under contract."
The sedation meds are probably an excellant idea. Maybe get enough for a week or two.

Candice said...

It's so cute! Congrats! & bummer about your car.