Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Kitty PotPie is home for good!

Well after two days of being hospitalized, KPP got the all clear. YAHOO! She could have gotten her IV/Catheter port taken out last night before she went home, but since she wouldn't eat food at the Vet's, the Vet felt it was best that the port stayed in until we knew she was going to keep real food down. So last night was another night of her with a cone on her head and bandage on her leg, but the difference was: she ate (YAHOO!), didn't barf (YAHOO!), could jump on my bed (YAHOO!) and was trying to groom herself (she is a vain kitty and was happy when I washed (used a kitty towelette) and brushed her yesterday).

The thing that was the same was that she had to be on top of me to sleep, luckily, I was tired enough that I could sleep with a coned kitty on me, and the funny part was that when I would roll over, she would act like a log walker guy and just walk on me as I rotated.


This morning, we went back to the vet, (which I thought it was going to be really hard to get her in her carrier, but it wasn't, in fact it was easier than yesterday) and they removed the cone and port and sent her home. AND I couldn't even hear growling or hissing in the waiting room, the people at the Vet's think she likes them now, but I know she just wanted the cone and port gone!


Now some pictures. First thing when she got home yesterday, she jumped on my bed.
Then she realized she was hungry, so she figured out a way to eat.

This morning when we got home, the first thing she did was go under my bed and rip off her bandage (like a bandage they put on you when you donate blood).And began to groom. She loves to groom herself!


And as a side note, I really did clean under my bed on Sunday, but my apartment is so dusty, that it gets dirty in two days!! I guess I need a better filter on my furnace or something. Maybe a new house!

Oh and I guess I should say that even though my vet was too busy to check in with me as much as I wanted her to, she is a VERY good vet and is nice to KPP, even though KPP is not nice to her. Plus, she always assures me that KPP's behaviour is not abnormal and that some cats are one person cats. Thanks Dr. Ponce!!!

No comments: