Saturday, October 24, 2009

Happy Co-op Day!!

Today was this first time I received my co-op food. I was a little worried, but I figured for $14 I could try it once (you sign up for it and are not obligated to order each month, so no commitment which I love).

There are currently 51 pick-up sites ranging from Nephi to Ogden and I guess they add a new site almost every month. But mine is in a pavilion at the north end of my park, so ~3 blocks from my house, I didn't walk today (I was out running errands). But I think I will try and walk next month.

And here is all the food I received for $14!

I got the "Harvest Share", which included the following:
  • 1 loaf Stoneground artisan wheat bread
  • 16 oz. lentils
  • 4 avocados
  • 10 Golden Delicious apples (Utah-grown)
  • 9 pears
  • 8 bananas
  • 1 head cabbage
  • 2 lbs. carrots
  • 2 eggplants
  • 3 lbs. yellow onions (Utah-grown)
  • 2 spaghetti squash (Utah-grown)
WOWZA! that is a lot of food! BUT looking at next months shares, I think I will get the standard share so I can get 6 lbs of meat for an extra $9, though with that share I get one less veggie, so who knows what I will end up ordering... (I have until the 6th to decide)

I really do think everyone should sign up for it, with the following warning, you never really know what you are going to get and you will have to think of ways to use it.

3 comments:

macarace said...

Looks like a great deal, but with my travel time probably not worth the money... You arranged them so artfully. Enjoy your bounty.

Tamaran said...

Totally excited about ordering this next month. Thanks for sharing!

Becky said...

Wow that is a lot of food! Awesome.