Friday, April 3, 2009

My Office

Well, so far it has not turned out to be an April's Fool joke, so I guess I get to stay.

Here are some of pictures of my fancy new digs. I have a ton (6) of windows, which is nice, since I haven't ever been by a window at any of my jobs.
This picture shows my walls and table. Steve was in here a long time and must have had the same pictures on the wall the whole time. My goal is to find things that fit the squares.
**The item above the door is a failed "Beaver Protection Device". It is some plastic tubing that was placed around a tree to protect it from the beaver and the beavers chewed right through it and took the tree anyways. Steve left that for me, and I find it amusing, so it can stay.**
I, also, get two bookcases. Currently, I only occupy 1.5 shelves, which is all I need right now. The other shelves contain the Water Resources Library and random books Steve had. One day, when I get ambitious, I will go through everything...
But overall I really enjoy being in here. I have yet to turn on my overhead lights! My only issue is that I see everyone that walks across the bridge (seen in the first picture). I think eventually I will stop noticing, but for now, I get distracted by everyone.

And even though I like my office, I still miss the other side, I already feel out of the loop.

4 comments:

Meadow said...

What is above your door? A robot arm?

anne said...

Sweet office! And congrats on your biking prowess.

macarace said...

Can't wait to see your office in person. I love that you have room for your bike in it and still plenty of space to move around. I would go through the bookcase asap or it will never happen. That is speaking from experience.

Way to go on the biking, and the steps.

Becky said...

WOW! That is a huge office. Bigger than I was thinking in my head. I like the pink walls. I like windows but they always do distract me.