Monday, March 30, 2009

These times, they're a changin'

My department is losing two AWESOME people tomorrow, one is retiring and the other is following her man to Virginia (he is a JAG officer, like on the TV).

So there has been some shuffling.... I am now in the water resources section of my division. I got a new boss (excited about it, but will miss working for Scott, as he has been my boss since I started at the County and he is a great boss). I also get new job responsibilities, which I am stoked about. (I will be doing more water quality projects, mitigation projects, or so I am guessing.) But the biggest change of all, will be I am moving from my cubical that I LOVE! to an OFFICE on the other side (we have two sides to our division, where I am now and across the bridge)

It is exciting, but as with all change I am a little apprehensive, but I am sure it will be great.
Oh and I found this all out today (not about the people leaving, but the reshuffling) and all the changes are effective April 1st. Hopefully it is not an April's Fool joke....

Wish me luck!!!

7 comments:

macarace said...

Congratulations on the office, and the new job responsibilities! I know you will enjoy the new challenges. You'll make it fun on the other side of the bridge.

Aim said...

Good luck with the new job responsibilities!

Tamaran said...

HOW AM I GOING TO LIVE?! Seriously. I have never worked here without having you as a neighbor. I'm so sad!! I think Charlie is right though, our productivity should increase!!

Tamaran said...

Oh, and to your mom's comment: there is no fun on the other side of the bridge. Jenni will have the fun sucked from her and she will be a stick in the mud. That is why we have to disown her. She will be dead to us.

Tamaran said...

On a serious note, I am so excited for you. This is a great 'lateral move'. From the beginning you wanted to do water resources and water quality-so this is perfect. I wish you luck, and know you will do great. I'll still take notes for you if we are ever in the same meetings-just please don't forget about me over here!

Jolly Roger Crew said...

Way to go!!! Good luck!

Shane Ellis said...

It would be an awesome april fools day joke. I can just see Neil wating until you get all settled in and then saying, "what are you doing over here, that was just a joke." Ok I guess I can't see Neil doing that. But it would be funny.