Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Stairs

Monday night, Nova and I went to visit the Wilde Manor. It was a grand time, until the end of a tour of the house (not for me, Belle stopped by). During the tour, we visited the upstairs, Nova whined when I first went up, and then decided to follow. WELL! when we were going back down, Nova refused to follow.

Here she is at the top of the stairs, this was as I was trying to call her down.
The next steps were: bribing with treat, pulling her collar and bribing with a toy. Well, she wouldn't eat the treat (which is weird for her) and when I pulled her by the collar, she slipped out of it and then would not come within 2 feet of the stairs.

Here she is sitting waiting to see what I would do next.
The final step was to carry her down, luckily Geoff said he would do it, because I was dreading picking her up, SHE IS GIGANTIC!!! Plus, their stairs are narrow and steep and I am clumsy, so I was worried I would fall. So a BIG thanks to Geoff.

Now I have to get her used to stairs...Anyone volunteering their stairs for practice???

4 comments:

Jolly Roger Crew said...

Genevieve is 4 years old and still hasn't even attempted to go down our stairs. She just sits at the top and cries for us to come back up.
Good luck with training Nova.

macarace said...

Nova is such a nice, pretty puppy, it makes up for other defects such as being afraid to tumble down stairs head first. Wait, maybe that is wisdom.

Christie said...

Nova can come climb up & down my stairs. Wednesday will jump down and slide across the landing in the middle. She would be a great teacher for Nova.

Mary, Jeremy and Liam said...

Tassy will get her down the stairs here in a jiffy! Just another reason we need a playdate! Anytime...!