Friday, April 17, 2009

Kitty Cats

Kitty PotPie is at the vet right now. She is waiting for her shots, her teeth to get cleaned and a bath.

I was dreading this morning, because she has been less willing to do what I want her to lately. But luckily I found out (last night), that if I take her in my bathroom and shut the door, she reverts to the docile kitty I used to know and love. So I managed to clip all her front claws last night, in preparation for getting her in her kennel this morning.

Putting her in her kennel in the past was usually a 15-minute ordeal, ending with her sulking in the kennel corner and me covered in scratches. In anticipation of the scratches, I donned a sweatshirt, not the sweater I am currently wearing (it is easier for her to get her nails caught in sweaters). Then I picked her up, took her to the bathroom, where the kennel was waiting, door open and facing up, shut the bathroom door and put her in the kennel. None of the usual struggle, none of the usual hanging on to the opening and escaping, nothing but a small mew. SO WEIRD!! This is only like the second time of her life over 5lbs that this happened. Oh well, I guess I will enjoy it.

Also, her weight in her kennel was 12.8 lbs, and the kennel weighs either 2.5 or 5 lbs. I hope is the 2.5lbs, because I would feel bad if she lost that much weight over the year, because it would all be because of that d*mn dog!!

Oh, another thing. She was not allowed to eat last night or this morning, due to the anesthesia, so early this morning, I woke up to her biting my hand and meowing. And I couldn't figure out why she was so mad at me, then this morning when I looked at the empty spot her food is usually at, it dawned on me, she was hungry. Sorry Kitty! It is for the best! You will understand when you feel how clean your teeth are!

No comments: