Thursday, July 3, 2008

Home buying

Well, I was going to apply for loans this week, but frankly it freaks me out to think that my savings will be demolished if I buy a house. So, I have decided to wait until my savings is double what it is now (so another 6-8 months of saving). Plus the houses that I really wanted to go look at have been pulled off the market, so I don't feel as antsy, though I am going to have to find another solution for my heating/cooling situation if I am staying in my apartment longer (not that I haven't dealt with it for almost 4.5 years, but still)

But I thought I would find out what the internet thinks of this. Should I worry about savings and wait, or should I throw caution to the wind and buy a damn house already? Vote in my poll!!

4 comments:

Jolly Roger Crew said...

You should definetly start looking. Maybe you will find one that you like. Shop around don't rush it but look. Go to open houses they are fun.The more you look the better idea you will get about what you really want.

Mary, Jeremy and Liam said...

Interest rates aren't getting any better! I would start now!! :) I have many loan officer friends if you need a referral!

Tamaran said...

So I voted to buy the house because I think it is funny. I'm not sure that is what I would do, though. Keep saving & keep looking. Don't be a stickler on having double the savings if you find what you want...says the apartment dweller who is too chicken to buy a house too!

Us Lochers said...

The interest rates are really good. BUT, do what your gut tells you to do.