Sunday, June 29, 2008

Happy Birthday, My Cute Mom!

My Mom's birthday was on Saturday and for her birthday I decided I would get some of her old family slides scanned and printed. Here are the results.

I really like how cute my Mom is in this one. She is on the left.
The whole Curtis Family
This one CRACKED me up! Auntie Carolyn's mask is SO CREEPY!! Why would you want to wear that?
I always love shots in sequence.
I never thought I looked like my Mom, but I can totally see the resemblance in this picture, which makes me very happy, because I think my Mom is beautiful. I think I even had that same haircut!
My Mom used to make us kids wear matching outfits. I now understand where she got it from.
I LOVE this picture of my Grandpa. It shows his personality and makes me miss him that much more.
My cute little Mom and her baby brother, Matthew. Notice that her belly button is covered, that means the shirt and shorts are modest. bah ha ha.
I have heard stories of my Mom's wagon for years, and now I have a picture of her with it. I guess she wore the tread off the tires carrying the kayak to the pond. And when she ruined her's, she moved on to ruin her neighbor's wagon as well.
I just thought this picture was funny. Auntie Carolyn does not look that happy to be pulling my Mom.
And I think this is the prettiest picture I have ever seen of my Grandma. She usually didn't smile in pictures, so it was nice to find one that she was smiling in and her smile makes her look all the prettier.

Love you, Mom! And Happy Birthday!

3 comments:

macarace said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
macarace said...

Thanks for the memories... The picture of dad does capture him. And it is nice to see mom smiling. I only dressed you alike twice that I remember, the overalls, and the ONE set of blue dresses, that I remind you, I worked long and hard on. They were very cute and stylish!! Bahh haa haa indeed.

Jolly Roger Crew said...

Those are great pictures. By the way Marilyn I didn't forget your b-day on my holiday post. I just was really sick and not thinking clearly. My mom never dressed us alike. thank goodness cuz I don't think my brothers would have been happy to wear dresses. We miss Grandma and grandpa Curtis too. It was nice to see them again. And marilyn who knew where you young once Baa haa haa