Friday, June 6, 2008

Apron Swap

Darla told me about this awesome apron swap she was in a couple of months ago and I was jealous and wanted to do it too, so I made her tell me when another one happened. And sure 'nough another one did happen. This lady sets it up and then emails you with whom you are to send an apron. It kind of reminds me of a chain letter, but way more awesome, because you get an apron. Okay so I guess I could just keep the apron I made, but what fun is that?? So here is my creation. It is reversible. Which was kind of hard, because I am not the most patient sewer, and reversible is less forgiving than one sided, but overall I am happy with it, though I did burn a pocket while ironing and the fusible interfacing I used kind of bubbled, but it really was a pretty good first attempt. Now I can make a perfect one for me. bah ha ha, just kidding, I am much too lazy for that.


Oh and the fabrics are kind of crazy, but hey, what have I ever sewed that didn't have crazy fabrics???

And I have no new pictures of KPP, I can't find my camera. I am betting it is somewhere my chaotic house, but I have been too lazy to look for it. (So much for plan number 1.)

4 comments:

Becky said...

I like those fabrics!

Us Lochers said...

Still jealous of your capabilities.

Mama Wisch said...

I just got it today...and I LOVE it! The funny things is I am in love with Polkadots and I also really really love brown pink and green together. It's perfect for me..thank you so much. It's beautifully made : )

Anonymous said...

Did you get the apron I made you yet? I am sure you are my swap buddy - but there are 2 Jennifer/Jenni's. It came with a BBQ book and Aussie chocolate. jmc23883@bigpond.net.au