Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Windows

In my lovely apartment, I have many windows, but only two that actually open and only one with a screen. Why am I bringing this up? What does this have to do with KPP the subject of this blog? WELL, Kitty PotPie likes to sit in the window with the screen, really she likes to sit in any window, but she REALLY likes to hang in an open window. And I used to believe that she really wanted to go outside and that is why she sat in the window all day, but then I was talking to this girl in one of my summer classes and she was saying that her cats did the same thing and she believed that it was like their TV and that when she let them outside they freaked out. To this I said "ya ya ya, I am sure KPP will really want to hang in the outside". So when I got home that night, KPP was trying to escape into the hall so I said to myself "hmm I am going to take her to the real outside and see what she does" So I took her on the porch, instantly her claws were in my shoulder and as soon as I sat down, she jumped down and hissed and ran to my apartment, right then I knew that the girl was right and KPP likes to watch her TV, but not experience it in real life. Plus another bonus of making her go outside, is she no longer tries to escape and run up the stairs.

Here are some cute pictures of KPP in the window (with the screen).

It is like she is posing for a profile shot, she is not.











I was shocked that I actually got a shot of her not looking pissy. (yes I am crazy in the way that I believe my cat shows emotion)

1 comment:

Willa said...

I like how your cat likes to look outside but not got there. I reminds me of some people in how they act in other aspects of their life.

My dog really does watch tv. It is the funniest thing I have ever seen. No really it is. I am thinking of videoing him and sending it in to funniest videos. When he first starting watching he thought it was outside. So he would run outside and try to see behind the tv. Now he knows it’s just on the tv, but he still watches it like he knows what going on and all. He is a bird hunting dog, so when the hunting channel is on he thinks he is involved with the hunt. That is actually quite annoying anymore. But the funny part is, we got a new tv that we hung on the wall above the fireplace. The bottom of it is about 5 feet high. He will watch the tv from the floor, but that is not the right angle for him, so he will jump so high that his face is right in front of the tv ,and he kinda hangs there for a second with his ears straight out like he is flying. It is definitely video material. But I am afraid he will hurt himself or wear his poor hips out from jumping, but I have to laugh out loud.