Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Busy Busy

This week has been slightly busy, but don't worry I am back on the blog wagon.

So let's start from August 11th. The CAST event was on the 11th. CAST stands for Catch a Special Thrill and is an event that takes disadvantaged and disabled kids fishing. It is a super fun event! This year I carpooled up with Enrique, Tamaran and John. Here is a picture of Enrique looking suave by Rockport Reservoir.


And last Thursday, I got to go to dinner with a bunch of friends, in honor of Maha being in town. Here is a cute picture of Maha, her hubby and her darling little girl. (I would try spelling their names, but I would butcher them, sorry Maha.) Missing from the picture is her very, very cute, but VERY shy little boy. For those of you who don't know, I went to school with Maha and she moved to Kuwait after graduation (something about wanting to live with her husband), so it had been over a year since I had seen her, so it was awesome to hang out for the night. And it was also nice to see the other people that showed up as I haven't seen most of them since graduation either.


On Saturday the 18th, my team competed in the city chase event (photo scavenger hunt) for the Salt Lake County Corporate Games. My team consisted of me (duh), Tamaran, Tiffany, and Andrea (L-R). We TOTALLY won gold. It was close but the team that finished first, missed one picture, so my team won, because we were AWESOME and got them all correct. And to add insult to injury, I told the last place team (3 teams in my division) where they could get their last picture, so they got them all correct and knocked the other team to last place. oops, sorry. bah ha ha ha


When reviewing all my pictures I noticed that I have HORRIBLE posture, must work on that : ) Unfortunately this was the best picture of the bunch (what does that tell you???)

On Saturday, I also went to Mary's for a BBQ. It was very fun, even though I only knew a handful of people. But I did get to see Mary's awesome backyard (nice work Jeremy) and how big and cute Liam has gotten.

And now what you all have been waiting for...pictures of KPP. Here is KPP enjoying the box that my birthday present from my brother and his family came in. Dang, that kitty loves boxes.


And here is KPP enjoying the hydrodynamic building set Samuel, April, Ben and Zoe (my bro and fam) gave me. It is an AWESOME present. And KPP really liked drinking out of it.


oh and also this week, school started. yeah? I have two classes this semester, Groundwater, and Ecological Systems & Engineering. They both seem like they will be really good classes, but very work intensive :( Also, with the start of school, comes a crazy work schedule...good thing I graduate in 254 days. WOO HOO!

No comments: