Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Ways to Avoid Homework

School is back in (woo hoo?) and with school comes homework. Oh joy. I have already turned in my first assignment for one class and the first assignment for the other class is due tomorrow. Do I have it done? No. Have I started it? Kind of.

Now one could say "Jenni, haven't you been in school long enough to know that you shouldn't wait until the night before (or day of, as I am fond of doing homework then as well) to do your homework?" and to those people I would say "Yes, but I am also good at finding other things to do."

For instance, after work today I went to dinner with the girls from the office, then when I came home I noticed that I was not going to make my 10,000 steps for the day, so I went on a 30 minute walk. Then when I got home I checked my email and now I am blogging. Thank you Blogger for providing another distraction from homework.

Anyways, when I go on walks, I walk around my neighborhood and look houses and plants and I try to walk on different streets so I don't get bored. And on my walk today I saw some topiaries, one was a bird with its wings spread, another looked like a bear head and the third was not filled in, so I couldn't tell what it was, but they were cool. Then I saw a dad helping his young young son into a giant tree, it was pretty funny (not a topiary, actual people). And when I was like 2 blocks from home I saw the prettiest garage door. That's right I said garage door. It was wooden and nicely varnished and shiny and clean. And since I was staring at it so intently I just about missed the lady that lived in the house turning on the sprinklers, and when I did notice her I felt stupid so then I had to comment so I told her that her garage door was very pretty and that I liked it a lot, she laughed and said thanks and said that she worked hard on it. So now I just imagine this little old lady (who was dressed in a nice dress with pearls) polishing her garage door. bah ha ha. I will have to get a picture of the door, it really was quite nice. But not today, because after all I do have homework to do. (plus I got my 10,000 steps)

And now an artsy picture of KPP.

No comments: