Saturday, February 6, 2010

Kitty Bed

For Kitty PotPie's birthday, I wanted to make her a new bed, so I could have my lap desk back. So I found some cute fabric and made it today.

It was an easy project, however, I haven't installed a zipper in anything in like 17 years. So I installed it how I thought was best, ignoring the instructions. It doesn't look good, but KPP doesn't care and it is functional.

Here is my final product.

KPP began enjoying it as soon as I put it in her spot by the couch.

Nova is a little jealous, mostly because someone decided to use her bed as a teething toy, so it no longer looks pretty. Maybe if she is good, she will get a new bed cover for her birthday!
This week, I also made a couple of simple receiving blankets for Darla, who is having a baby TOMORROW! But I forgot to take pictures : ( bummer man.

5 comments:

macarace said...

KPP does indeed look like she is enjoying her new bed. I don't think she cares about the zipper since it is such cute fabric.

Tamaran said...

I LOVE the fabric.

Us Lochers said...

I will take pictures right now.....

Becky said...

I like the fabric too. So cute! Can you make me one? JK I don't have a pet.

Jolly Roger Crew said...

LOVE the bed!! I have been thinking of making one for Totoro, but have not been motivated enough to do it. I think I will do it today!