Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Waahh? Another post?

TWO POSTS IN ONE DAY! AM I OUT OF MY MIND!! No. I just have my computer on.

It has been so nice outside I have not really been turning on my computer at home. Okay, so I did check Facebook last night, but it was quick.

Now to the pictures.

Last week, I spent 2.5 hours working on my yard. I mowed, edged and swept. Nova was my constant companion. She walked behind me as I mowed and only backed off when I started the weed whacker. Dang, she is a cute dog.
She has totally gotten so when she sees the camera she sits. What a poser.
Here is PotPie. She watched from the screen door. I remember the good ol' days when she was scared of the outside, now she is so intrigued by the outside and always is trying to get out. Sorry Kitty!
Here is a pic showing how nice my yard looked (granted it is a week later and needs to be mowed again, sigh)
North side-just look at those edges!!
South Side - note the broom, I have turned into the crazy lady who not only sweeps her sidewalk, she sweeps the gutters.
Then last Saturday I woke up early and thought, hmm today is the day I rip my strip. Well, I spent 6.5 hours digging, pulling, planting and mulching and am still not finished : ( here is the before (and what is left to do)
Here are the cute little "stepables" I planted. This one is 'Coccineus'. It will be covered with 'light rose flowers in the summer'. Here's hoping!

This cute little thing is Corsican Mint. It should get little purple flowers.
And finally I planted 'Purple Form' it should also get little flowers. Cute.
Here is my 'after' (taken today (Tuesday) not Saturday). It may not look like much, so just trust me when I say "It looks MUCH better!!" and it was very hard work. But it was worth it, maybe not worth the sunburn, but worth the sore muscles.z
Also, a week or so ago, I planted this cute Fuschia.
A close-up of the flowers. They kinda look like dancing fairies.
Here is my gigantic rose bush. It is already smelling delicious and it totally makes me miss my Curtis grandparents, they always had the most beautiful roses.
ooooh, and I didn't kill my grape vine. BONUS!
Here is another pic of Nova, she followed me around with a tennis ball while I took pictures.
oh and the best purchase I made this year! A new (to me) grill!! LOVE IT!
Oh and a fancy pic of my crazy backyard. The mint is taking over.
I like this picture because it shows KPP in the window and my ghetto fabulous dog house roof...I must remember to shingle it soon.
A close-up of KPP. So cute.
So this is the end of my super long post. I just had to share since Bonnie inspired me with all her cute flower pictures. Plus, I had just emptied my camera so I really had to share. And I will have you all know, I have ridden my bike to work every day this month. I realize it is only the 12th, but still good. And today was ride 30 only 22 more to go!

4 comments:

Becky said...

Wow amazing! Your yard looks great! You sweep the gutters? HAA

BonnieandSteve said...

You yard look fabulous!!! I'm slightly jealous but in a good way. It will be so excited to see how your yard develops over the next couple of months with all the flowering that will happen.

Hey next time you come this way I can give you plants if you want. Just give me a call a couple of minutes before you get here and I'll have them ready in a box.

Tamaran said...

Your park strip looks AMAZING! Good work. I'm jealous of your edges and your ocd sweeping. Our yard is in some desperate need of tlc. Jon is working on it, but it has only been a week since he has been class free-and he spent the weekend on my mom's yard...

macarace said...

Your edges look faaabulous! I really like your parking strip. Hopefully people waiting for the bus will be careful about them and let them get a good start.

I wish I could take a gardening class.