Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Art

When I bought my house, I realized that I need to buy some art. So bit-by-bit I have been making acquisitions when something strikes my fancy (and is in my budget).

Here are the items I have purchased this year.

This is a paper cut out by Melissa Clark. It's name is "Crab Apples". It is a small piece, but I absolutely love it. I think the colors are great and the detail is amazing up close.

This print is by John Clark (Melissa's husband). It is named "The Fair Motorist". The look on the lady's face totally sold me on this print. She looks so freaking sassy! Plus I love the green with the other colors.The Fair Motorist came with this awesome little book that is a history of women drivers in Utah. It is pretty interesting and is put together beautifully. The website for the Clarks is www.motortales.com
I also got this AWESOME pie pan. Okay, so my Dad bought it for my birthday (that is two months away). It was crafted by Joe "The Potter" Bennion, who is an amazing potter. I think I will rig up a way to keep it on display when it is not in use, because that swirl makes me so dang happy. Now I just have to make some pie...
I got this photo a while back at an event where you paid how much you could afford for the piece. Which I must say is unnerving, you don't want to insult the artist by low balling them, but if you can only afford so much, then that is all you can afford. Anyways...

This is by Don Thorpe. It is named "Monet's Flowers". Mr Thorpe took this photo at the gardens in Giverny. He did some fancy exposure and then tweaked it more in the studio. The colors are super bright and a little crazy, but I love it.
So those are my acquisitions. None of them match, but I love them all. The only problem with them is I don't know where I should put them!

3 comments:

Us Lochers said...

Very nice!

macarace said...

Great choices in the art work. I do love the pie plate. You can get plate hangers, one of them may work to hang the pie plate. I really like the crab apple and Monet's flower picture also. I like the colors.

BonnieandSteve said...

I love them! And I think it's neat that you are supporting artists! You go girl!