Monday, August 6, 2012

Thirty-two?

Thirty-two? Really?

When I was younger, I never understood "old" people that didn't "feel" their age. Now that I am that "old"person, I totally understand.

I'm actually quite content with 32. Whatever, another year. Though once when I was 19, I had a 32 year old ask me out and I freaked. 32? That is so old! Though it may have been his horrible mustache that freaked me out more - nah, it was his age. :)

This last year was good. I tried new things like pilates and kickball (which I'm playing again this season). I pushed my body harder in running and biking, even if I did gain 10 pounds back...  And I learned that I do have limits, hence the MRI tomorrow... But overall, a very good year.

My actual birthday was probably one of my most chill birthdays ever and it was lovely. Seriously, I was content all day, even when I did my dishes. But more and more, I am content with my life. Sure, there are areas I could improve/change, but I've found I really like me. That may sound silly, but when you have had years of doubt, it is nice to find that you are, in fact, a good person.

So here's to another year! And please no surgery!

2 comments:

Anne said...

Lovely post, Jenni! Please let us know about the MRI results. xoxo

Tamaran said...

I think you are a GREAT person. Love you tons and hope you get feeling better. Work just isn't the same when I don't have you here to yell at across the great divide. (OH-and I needed your Adobe powers, so I have been using your computer...)