Monday, August 13, 2012

The Birds

I think it is pretty well-known that I am terrified of birds. However, I also love birds. Basically, I want to look at them, but I don't want them close enough that they could possibly touch me or swoop at my head.
In fact, I loved them so much as a child, I wanted to be one when I grew up. My Mom crushed that dream pretty quick with logic. Damn you, logic! You always ruin all the fun!
So when I saw these robins I knew they needed to come live at my house. I bought them off etsy, but the girl actually only lives about 6 blocks from me, quite convenient.
I think it is one of my better purchases of the year. Right up there with my orange chair. Ok, that was free, but I would have paid for it, just don't tell the guy I got it from that!

1 comment:

Tamaran said...

I'm totally telling Matt! And I love the birds (not the movie...we watched it in YW when I was a Beehive--terrified for months!)