Wednesday, April 20, 2011

New Floor, New Paint, New Quilts!

I got a wild hair to put laminate in my dining room/entry room. And then after I tore out the carpet, I decided I needed to paint.

Here is the room after the carpet had been removed. Nova and Maxine were quite happy with the progress.
Here is a during construction. I had to move my fish tank into my kitchen. This was the scene 80% of the time Pie was awake. ugh. Poor fish.
And here is an after. I now have furniture back in, and quarter round in, but you get the point. I now have blue walls and pretty flooring!
I also made some quilts. My work friend is having twins, which means TWO babies, therefore I made two quilts. oh and she is having a boy and a girl.

This is for the boy. I love the back.
These were my first attempts at pinwheels. I think they turned out well.
And for the girl (you can tell by the pink instead of blue)
The pink is a little too deep for the other colors, but I like it.
Now these two next pictures are of Nova. This is here for a reference, so you can see how cute she is.
And then there is this picture...
WHAT THE CRAP IS SHE DOING?? Hilarious!!

As for fat camp, I have my second official weigh-in on the 29th. I am a little nervous, right now I need to lose about 3 pounds to make it. Here's hoping!

4 comments:

Tamaran said...

I really like the quilts. Yes, the pink is a little bright...but it wouldn't be a Jenni-O quilt if it weren't bright! Its like your signature. I also really like the flooring.

Us Lochers said...

LOVE the new floor!!!

macarace said...

The quilts are wonderful as usual. You always do an amazing job. Your pinwheels look great. The floor and wall color are alwo great.

Ramanda said...

You are so busted, you blog stalker, you! Thanks for outing yourself! It makes my day knowing that I have a secret visitor to my little blog. Good luck with your tri! You will LOVE it! To anwser some of your questions, I kept my swimming suit on the entire race. I just threw running/biking clothes over my suit. I saw a lot of people who wore wet suits that had a sports bra and spandex running shorts on underneath. I wish I had remembered to bring a towel.that would have come in handy! Make a checklist and put it together the night before so you don't forget anything. I ended up not needing my own swim cap because they provided one but I brought one just in case. Check out trainermomma.com she has a checklist of what you need and it was a huge help and motivation to me. Just make do with what you have and bring your positive attitude and you will do great! Make sure you blog about it so that I can stalk you!
Amazing quilts, by the way! Lucky lil twins!