Thursday, March 31, 2011

Ugh!

Ugh, where has the time gone??

I am pretty much at the same point I was at my last check in. I should be happy about my 15 pounds, but I would like to have my weight lost line be straight, not like stairs.

But on another point I have officially signed up for a 5k, 36 mile bike ride, and a triathlon sprint. The sprint means that it is a 300 yard swim, 11.5 miles bike, and a 5k run. So still long, but short enough to manage.

This morning was my second day of really swimming laps. I did okay. I got 12 - 50 yard laps finished in 30 minutes (well 29:45). 7 of my laps were before the 15 minute mark, so I definitely slowed down for the second half. And I have learn this, swimming is exhausting and while it perks me up in the morning, I crash HARD about 11, especially without caffeine (I'm cutting back). Plus, I feel motion sick today, don't know if it is related, but I think it is. ugh.

Why must being active and healthy be so hard??

3 comments:

anne said...

You are doing fantastically well! Congratulations!

Us Lochers said...

My sister told me that a lot of swimmers experience getting dizzy/nausia during and/or after swimming. I will have to ask her the dirty details, but if I remember right always turning your head to the same side will help, as well as putting your head cap slightly over your ears so water doesn't go in as easily....

Us Lochers said...

I spelled nausea wrong... duh.