Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Milestone!

I have now lost 20.1 lbs. Sure, I haven't really eaten in 5 days due to a cold, but still I am down 20.1 lbs!!! And I don't think it will come back, since I have been hovering around the 19lb mark for a while. And I am staying super hydrated as water/juice are the only things that sound good to me.

WOO HOO!! Now if only my stuffy head would go away!

On another note, I have my triathlon in 17 days. SEVENTEEN DAYS!! I am getting nervous. I know I can do all the events, but not being able to work out this week, is putting a cramp on things. I did, however, do a "brick", which consists of doing two of the events back to back. People say the transition from biking to running is the hardest, so that is what I did (I was suppose to be doing these once a week, but I always skipped those workouts). And while I only did 8 miles on the bike (the ride for the tri is 11.5) and a 1.25 run (5k for the tri), it wasn't bad. The only reason I didn't do the full 11.5 and 3.1 was time. I needed to be done in 45 minutes. So I am less worried about transitions to the next event than I am about what I am going to wear!

Now for some cute pictures that I took when I was home hyped up on cold meds yesterday.

Nova likes to be by me at all times, so she usually sits by me on the couch. It starts out like this
And ends up like this. Good thing she has calmed down a LOT and now sleeps 90% of the time I need her to be mellow.
PotPie has also decided that she is coming out of my room whether or not the dog is in the house. It is nice. Yesterday, as I was being smooshed by Nova, KPP was sitting on top the couch watching things. She was still on watch, but overall, she was being quite pleasant.
I'm glad that it only took 2.5 years for them to get to where they are, knowing KPP, it could have taken MUCH longer!

1 comment:

macarace said...

Congratulations on the weight loss. You really are looking great!! It is a good thing Nova is such a dainty little thing, since she loves to cuddle.