Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Efficiency!

Why must the Salt Lake City Library system be so efficient? Granted, I usually love their efficiency and that they will send a book to the branch closest to my house, but today I curse them!

I had a book on hold and it was at the Sprague Branch for a week and I remembered last night at 11 that it was the last day to pick up my book. Hence, I did not get my book and this morning it was released to the next hold.

Really, I guess I should curse myself for being so forgetful, but it is never fun to blame yourself!

Alas, I will take consolation in the fact that I am now 8 of 8 holds on 8 copies of the book. Which means this time next month I should be reading "The Braindead Megaphone" by George Saunders. And for now I will finish the crap-tastic "Austenland" by Shannon Hale.

post-script. The dog and cat are well. They are still chasing each other around the house and there is still hissing, growling, barking and swiping, but overall they are well...

2 comments:

Candice said...

:(. I didn't like Austenland all that much either.

Jolly Roger Crew said...

Hey a cool book is Little brother (and no it is not about your little brother) its by Cory Doctrow
not April but your brother)