Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Improvements!?!

Last weekend, I went to the Ikea and spent lots of money. Here are the results.

A fancy bar above my sink that holds a cutting board, hooks and a paper towel holder. AWESOME!!

And I got 5 bookcases. There are no books on them yet, but they are all assembled and against the wall. However, I need to shim some of them since my floor is not even and then I can anchor them to my walls. YAHOO!!

Now, I decided I need to do something with this wall, but I don't know what. Another bar? Some hooks? a picture?? It is in between my stove and my laundry area. What do you all think? Leave your suggestions in the comments. Note: the garbage can, recycling bin and Nova's food need to stay there.
Also, because I have a dog that LOVES, LOVES, LOVES kitty food, I now have to have KPP's dishes elevated. Damn dog...
Speaking of the dog, here she is looking all innocent. Too bad she had to be renamed Novapain earlier in the day, so I knew she was not innocent.
And here is a picture of how KPP and Nova are interacting now. I also got some awesome video, but will have to post that later. KPP has decided that she no longer needs to avoid the dog, because she just has to hiss and swipe and the dog avoids her.

5 comments:

Tamaran said...

I LOVE the bar above the sink. No idea what to do with that empty wall...let me think on it. Looks like it is coming together. How awesome is it to be able to anchor the bookcases to the wall. Ahhh the perks of being a home owner... Someday I'll understand, for now I'll just be envious.

Us Lochers said...

I would put something like a cutesie calendar. If that's not your thing, maybe a memo board or cork board.... but it would have to be cutesie. Maybe you could do a hook with for all your aprons? Hmmmmm...

Christie said...

I think a clock &/or a spice rack would look nice and be functional. Although hooks for your aprons is also a good idea.

Becky said...

The bar above the sink is awesome! Damn I love IKEA and wish it was here sooner. I think you should put a framed picture on the wall space. Maybe a picture of dogfood? jk

macarace said...

I do like the bookcases. I will offer no decorating advise, because, well you know I am not a cutesy decorator.... I am not even a decorator, I just put things where I find a space.