Thursday, September 11, 2008

Adjusting...

Last Saturday, this is how KPP was reacting to Nova.

She would find any possible little space to crawl into to hide when Nova walked by. She is getting better at accepting that we now have a dopey messy dog at our house. Last night I took these pictures.

KPP had been watching the dog from the crack in the door and Nova decided to join us in the bathroom (I was getting ready for bed).

Nova and KPP notice they are within a foot of each other. No hissing or growling involved. It was AMAZING!
Both retreat to safe places - I am apparently Nova's safe place, because on walks she will occasionally bark at GIANT dogs and then quickly move so that I am in between her and the dog. I do believe she would throw me to the wolves if she had the chance...
After this encounter, we all went to bed and KPP decided that since Nova was in her kennel it was a safe time to get on top of the kennel to hiss at her. I tried to explain to KPP that doing that was not acceptable, but that damn cat refuses to learn English!! So there is no reasoning with her.

And this morning there was much hissing and even swatting. I kind of feel bad for Nova, because I can tell she just wants to be friends and KPP is not having it. Maybe in another week or so they will be friends.... Or maybe they are not morning pets, they must get that from me...

But for now, I will just keep training Nova to "leave it". Speaking of training, tonight is the first class of Puppy Preschool. YAHOO!! I am a little nervous, but I decided as long as I don't have the naughtiest dog at the END of the class, it will all be good.

2 comments:

macarace said...

Nova is a cute and wonderfully smart puppy. Hopefully she will teach KPP to be nice since she is having to share you...

Becky said...

I like your new profile photo.