Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Hazel/Jenni Sleepover - Attempt 1

Last Saturday night, Meadow and Geoff needed a babysitter, and Hazel voted that instead of me just watching her, she should sleepover at my house. Now, I have always told her that one day she can sleepover, so I figured it would be fine.

Here is what we did. (Note, we also watch "mermaid" and read books but I didn't take pictures of those events)

She wanted to sleep in Nova's crate, I said no.
She then informed me, BUT I FIT! and told me to take her picture in the crate and as soon as she realized my camera was out, she closed the door. The best part of this pic is that she looks so sad, and she is the one holding the door shut. Silly girl.
Then we made some cookies. Man, making cookies with a kid that LICKS everything is HARD! it made me crazy and the cookies did not turn out well, because the dough got played with a little too much.
She told me to take another picture after the cute one above and this is how she posed. Hazel = Crazy Baby.
She also played with Nova. Luckily, Nova is a good dog and was happily chewing on her rawhide (first one ever and MAN are they GROSS!) and didn't mind when Hazel climbed on and yelled "JENNI TAKE MY PICTURE" once the picture was taken, Hazel also demanded that I make Nova stand up so she could ride her. I said "um, no"
Basically, it was a good time. We had lots of fun, wore matching sleeping dressed (thanks Meadow), but at bedtime I made the mistake of turning off the lights before she was completely asleep. When the lights went out HAZEL FREAKED! and did not want to sleepover anymore. She just wanted her mama and nothing I said could console her, so I called Meadow and they cut their evening short. But as Hazel was putting on her shoes to go home, she told me "we have a sleepover tomorrow and I will behave" Which I thought was hilarious, especially since she HAD been behaving all night and just got nervous when the lights went out. And as I was the kid that called her mom to come and get her at a lot of sleepovers I understood. But it was cute that she said that. And when I explained that tomorrow was not an option and that it was either that night or another time she said "another time".
So I learned that I could deal with having Hazel for a sleepover and that I should just wait for her to be fully asleep before I turn out my light, but still I think I can wait a while (a long while) before the next attempt.

3 comments:

macarace said...

Cute pictures. I loved all of them. Hazel in the crate, making cookies, and sitting on Nova. What a good dog Nova is. There will be other sleepovers.

Mary, Jeremy and Liam said...

Jenni, This is adorable! I'm glad you had a good time!

Becky said...

Maybe you can get a night light?