Monday, May 5, 2008

Graduation

So. As all my faithful readers know I GRADUATED! BOOYAH! Here are some pictures from the big day.

Here is a cute picture of my favorite Zoe patiently waiting my march into the arena.

Here I am making my big entrance, I am the one with the hood on, bah ha ha...seriously though, I think I was the only one that continually turned around to wave at my family. I am a dork.
Here I am seated by my friend Korin.
Here I am shaking hands after receiving a blank diploma case. It kind of makes me laugh, but I understand why they are blank. At least for the advanced degrees the ceremony was pretty calm and people only had to look in one direction. When the BS degrees were being called it was CHAOS! They had two lines going and would alternate in names, but not always. Glad I didn't walk as an undergrad.
Here is a picture from my party. Gloria, Breanna and Hazel loved hanging on the hammock, though Gloria would get off to get another delicious marshmallow whenever she finished one, I swear that kid at 10 of them! Though I probably ate that many as well, Shauntil makes yummy treats!
And finally here is Holly, me and Tamaran. We all went to school together (undergrad) and they are awesome! And so I force them to still be my friends! And Tamaran is no longer pregnant, she had her baby today, Yahoo Tamaran! (and I really hope she updated her blog, because I tend to always break the good news, before she has the chance, though I still maintain Darla tricked me!)


So there you have it. My big day. And I will have all you know that I will be getting rid of that second chin, because I have started training for a pioneer day 10k. I just started today, so the chin is still there, but at least I started training. It sucked, I could only run 1.5 miles, and a mile of that was downhill! I am going to blame my lack of running ability on the fact that I rode my bike today, but we all know, I couldn't have run my goal for the day of two full miles, even if I hadn't rode my bike. oh well, it will get easier right?

3 comments:

Us Lochers said...

I totally have faith that you'll be able to run the 10K with no problem! Keep up the good work!

macarace said...

I have faith that you can run the 10K. I'd train with you, but I am too far away, and running in a boot is hard.

Tamaran said...

UGH! My belly was massive! Now that I can compete, we need to get another competition going... (No, I won't do the 10K...)