Thursday, January 7, 2010

Plans for 2010

TWENTY-TEN! HOLY SHITE! 2010!

While I know it is just another year, 2010 seems like a big year to me. Maybe it is big because it is the year I turn 30. Or maybe it is a big year, because it is the year I take the PE. Or maybe it is a big year, because it is freaking 2010.

Last year, I completed 6.5/10 plans. While that is not bad, I would like to do better this year.

Here are my plans.
  1. Get my house "company clean" and keep it at that level. Now "company clean" is subjective, but for me it means, no random piles. A place for everything and everything in its place.
  2. Exercise 2-3 times a week. I know I should focus on physical activity not exercise, but I like to focus on exercise. Now I have decided this means going to the gym or doing my routine at home. BUT it is not a workout if I am not in workout clothes (strolling with Nova does not count, but walking fast or running with her does count)
  3. Walk Nova 4 times a week. Strolling with Nova does count for this one.
  4. Pack and take a lunch 2-3 times a week. This is going to be a HARD one for me. But I am really really really going to try
  5. Make my own breakfast 4/5 work days a week. I can eat at home or I can eat the oatmeal in my drawer, I just can't purchase it from the delicious cafeteria at my work (or other eatery).
  6. Track expenses and spending for January. Find a way to save at least $200/month. $200 may not seem like a lot to some people, but that is about how much I got cut from my pay this year (a little more), so it is going to be a challenge.
  7. Read 60 books. Now I read 65 this year, but 3 were gardening books, 1 was a craft book and another one I quit halfway through because it was HORRIBLE!
  8. Write in my journal at least once a week.
  9. Ride my bike to work 87 times. That is a third of the work days (including holidays as work days) - Charlie is shooting for 130, but he is better at riding than I am.
  10. Take the stairs at work. Now I don't have to take them if I am carrying a lot of stuff or have my bike, but other than that, I have to take them (but I can take the escalator)
  11. Secret plan - I may share this when I do a recap at the end of the year, but probably not.
So, 11 seems like a lot of plans, but last year I had 10 and it was '09, so for '10 I figure 11 is a good number. And most of my plans involve physical activity, so hopefully I don't burn out on them...

Happy 2010 to you all!

4 comments:

macarace said...

Good luck with the new plans. They are all great plans. I am glad you didn't add learning to do a cartwheel back in. I think if you don't learn when you are 4-6 you don't learn it.

Meadow said...

Are you going to save $200 on top of your pay cut or find a way to cut $200 from your budget?

My 2010 goal is to be even more awesome. Learn to walk like a human again.

I disagree with mom's cartwheel assessment. Maybe you and Hazel can take tumbling together. It would be good times.

BonnieandSteve said...

I want to learn to do a cartwheel too. I could do round-offs back in the day so maybe there is hope for me yet.

Your goals rock! Taking lunch from home is a sure and great way to cut back on your budget. Heck it might even save you over $200....

I love you lots and I'm still thinking about the yummy treats you made for Christmas. :-)

Jolly Roger Crew said...

Good luck on your plans. I still haven't made any & Jan is almost over. Bad start to 2010.
I LOVE LOVE LOVE my present!!!