Thursday, November 12, 2009

I HAVE A PORCH!!!

So my dad called me today at 5:10p and I rudely said "let me call you back" as I was in the middle of writing a letter to encumber $400k+ that I needed to get out ASAP (I finished just as my director was walking out the door, so I barely got his signature on it, before I emailed it to the UDEQ). SO then I rushed to my health class (I get points for work if I go and points=$$) and as I am leaving there at 7:19p I call my dad to say "what did you need? I just left work after TWELVE hours of being there". (I didn't even leave for lunch, I went to a presentation for lunch).

Well he plays dumb and just says he wanted to say hi and asked me what I am doing this weekend. So I say "working on my porch?". So he says "well I don't know if I will be able to come up" So I say "whatever you do is fine by me, I have other projects I can do instead, no biggie". (now I say this sadly, but I don't want to be ungrateful, because I know people have lives, and my projects are not always at the top of the list, plus I really do have other things I can do, I just really really really wanted a porch roof before the snow.)

WELL! As I am turning the corner to go to my garage, I see my porch light was on, and I think, "hmm that is weird". And then I notice that I have boards connecting my posts. And I think oh my dad was here and put up the boards. BUT he put up MORE than just the boards, he put up the roof sheets (?) as well!! YIPPEE!!

So of course I called to thank him and then I found out my brother helped too (THANKS STEVEN!!!!)

BEST FAMILY EVER!!

Here are some pictures.
I wanted the sun to be able to reach my porch, because I am a sun lover, so we opted for plastic sheeting. AWESOME! And we will eventually drill holes in the boards in between posts, then I can hang things. But I am so excited to not get rained on while unlocking my door or having to shovel snow off my porch a zillion times a day.

**oh and that is not the moon in that picture, it is my flash reflecting on a rain drop.**

THANKS AGAIN DAD AND STEVEN!! LOVE YOU GUYS! (and Annie and Bonnie and Anthony and Gloria) (oh and the rest of my family, they're are helpful too, they just didn't build me a porch roof or allow their loved ones to build me a roof)

4 comments:

Us Lochers said...

How cute! Your family LOVES you! That is really awesome that they did that for you. You have great family!

Tamaran said...

I love that you used the clear sheeting. AWESOME! It's even more awesome that they surprised you.

Funny, that raindrop totally looks like the moon!

macarace said...

The porch roof looks great. It is a great idea to use the clear plastic so you don't lose the sunlight. It was nice of your dad and Steven to surprise you. We all need good surprises now and then.

Jolly Roger Crew said...

Love the porch!!!