Monday, April 23, 2012

It is Official...

I am back on the work-out wagon.  I had fallen off and then backtracked, but I have caught up and am now sitting comfortably on it.

Okay, so not really.  Maybe I can say that next week, but today is the first day back on the wagon.

My goal for the next 8 weeks is to hit 90% of my work-outs (I have 11 schedule every week, plus one that is not scheduled, but I am going to try today) and ride my bike to work every day I can.  I have certain days that I have to go places at lunch or right after work or that I don't have work, so I am not going to ride those days, but I should be able to get about 30 rides in or average 3.75 rides per week.

Why am I going full bore again?  Well, I will tell you.  I have gained weight, a lot of weight! I am not at my highest or even close, but I am closer than I would like to be, so I am going to get back with it.

In addition to the extra lbs, I have two tri's coming up and I am not ready!! AND after that, I have my trail runs, but for now, I am just focusing on the next 8 weeks.

Wish me luck! I will need encouragement, but not candy...

2 comments:

Tamaran said...

11 is a ton! I admire your ambition. I'm willing to help encourage by not bringing candy!! (I'll also try to encourage you to come back to classes.) I'm not up, but I'm not down either. I'm stuck in a rut. I need encouragement also. This is my hard core week. At the end, I hope to be able to break past that weight that I've been fluctuating above.

macarace said...

Good luck. You are awesome and inspire me. I am going to try to get back on track now that I am home.