Tuesday, February 21, 2012

February Adventures

This past weekend, I decided I needed an adventure. So I set out on a road trip with a friend to the oldest saloon in Utah, the Shooting Star Saloon in Huntsville. Now while it is old, it is really known for the Star Burger, which is a double hamburger with a polish sausage on it. I got the mini-Star, which was just one patty. It was pretty good. I'm sure it would have been better if I didn't have a chest cold that made me not hungry.

Here is the saloon. It is pretty cute.
Another reason it has a claim to fame is the St Bernard head it has on its wall. The story is that some old timer's dog died and he was so sad, that he had it stuffed. Well, when he took it home, his wife said no, so he went to drink away his sorrow and ended up trading the head for his beer tab. The dog is extra weird, because it is on a bear mount, because I guess in olden days, they were not use to stuff dogs.
They also have this. I don't remember what it is called, but it is disturbing no matter the name.
Another adventure from this weekend was having Hazel stay the night. She is one of my favorite people in the world, but man, is she is exhausting!! These pictures were taken while I was laying on the couch. This was a couple hours before I took her home and as you can see Nova and I were exhausted, and Hazel used the opportunity to dog pile.
Luckily, Nova loves Hazel as much as I do :)

2 comments:

Tamaran said...

Cute pictures!! Your dog is so good with kids. Thanks for watching mine last night!

macarace said...

Cute pics!! Why didn't you get a pic of you with the stuffed dog??? That is pretty funny to stuff a dog. But at the taxidermy here someone is having their pet long horn cow head stuffed.