Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Photos!

I downloaded my camera card, I know I have more photos on my phone from these occasions, but this is what you get!

Don't know when this photo was taken, but I think it is cute and totally shows Nova's crazy demeanor.
And here she is at Doggie Swim Day. You can tell she is enjoying herself.
This was her "put down the camera and throw the frisbee" look
And now for something completely different.

I went to Memphis last month (you know, October). It was a very interesting city. Lots of good fried food and BBQ. Apparently they had good seafood too, but I didn't eat any. The only fish I ate was fried catfish, which was AWESOME!

This was a famous restaurant there. What is it called? Um, flying something...I just liked the catfish-airplane
This lovely poodle wallpaper was from Graceland...that's right Elvis loved poodles! Okay so it was in his parent's bathroom (which also featured purple tile) but it was AWESOME!
This lovely stain glass was in the front room at Graceland. No one has ever accused Elvis of being bland.
See. Not bland.
There were TONS of creepy accessories in the house. This was just one.
This was a model of Elvis's birth home. Why did I take a picture? Well, I do believe it could be the house I live in!! Except mine has an addition on the back. Maybe in 18 years, I will be a famous rock star..
Memphis is Elvis town (as well as the blues), and I didn't really know a lot about him, but I learned! We went on a tour of Sun Records (pictures on my phone, maybe...) and I learned that when Elvis first walked in the door he was REJECTED!! It took him a year of visiting the studio and recording amateur demos for the owner to sign him. And even then it was only because his secretary insisted that he listen to the record! Crazy stuff!

This was the cutest little boat on the Mississippi. It is an Army Corp boat. We were on their inspection barge (which was HUGE) but this cute little thing came to visit. I feel like we need a boat like this for the Jordan River!
For more pictures of Memphis (and Doggie Swim Day). Click here.

1 comment:

macarace said...

You need to let me know when you update your blog. Since you don't often update, I don't often check. :)