Monday, September 7, 2009

NEW KITCHEN COLOR!!

Before I get to my fancy new paint color....

The other day when I was putting away my pans, I neglected to close my oven drawer in between pans.
This is what happened. Seriously, why must she go in EVERY where!
And now to the paint, well almost. Here is a reminder of my kitchen before (note, I have been in my house a year this weekend!!)
Beige, beige, beige.


AND NOW!!!! Drum roll........
Green, green, green!!
So it is a yellowy green, but it is not as yellow as it looks in these pictures.
I am really liking it, which is good, because I was SUPER nervous when I got the first paint chip I picked mixed into paint.
GREEN!
The whole process took me about 7 hours. 5.5 hours of that was prep. Washing walls, taping, cutting in and cleaning up. I did have a couple of oops spots, but hey, I don't care! It was my first time doing the whole painting process myself and I only messed up on spots that will get paint in the near future.

Now maybe I will get the next room painted before the second year in my house is over...maybe not.

8 comments:

macarace said...

What a change! Good job. It looks great.

Tamaran said...

Wow! That is green. I think I like it. Pictures just don't quite do it, though. I'll let you know for sure when I see it in real life.

Us Lochers said...

I repeat Tamaran... "WOW! That is green!". I will have to see it in person to give my opinion... but I do have to say it does look VERY fun!

anne said...

Way to go! I want to paint some rooms in my house.

Shane Ellis said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Shane Ellis said...

looks great. kinda makes me crave some key lime pie.

Jolly Roger Crew said...

Very nice. We have been in our house for almost 9 years and still haven't painted.

Becky said...

That looks so good. Have you painted before? Do you plan on painting other rooms now?